Thursday 26 September 2013

Am I invisible

Today I got on the bus and sat four rows back from the front on the right hand side

It was a new electric bus and I didn't notice until I was near my stop to get off that there was not a bus bell within arms length of my seat fortunately someone else wanted to get off and they had access to a bell

As the bus had to navigate 2 sharp bends before the stop I made sure I stayed safe in my seat while two women staggered to the front of the bus

I figured with two people getting off I would have plenty of time to rise and walk to the front  however I was wrong

I was within three feet of the door when the driver closed it obviously I yelled out indicating that he had another passenger who wanted to get off  and he reopened them

But if he had take 2 seconds to check that no body else was moving down the isle to disembark he would have seen me and I would not have had to yell

He didn't even offer an apology 

No comments:

Post a Comment