Friday 28 April 2017

Raised curbs ????

The council created raised curbs at bus stops to allow people with wheel chairs, prams, trolleys, and the less mobile to get on the bus easier.
So I am waiting at the hospital bus stop for the 88 with two heavy bags and a  heavy shopping trolley when the 23 turns up, guy in wheel chair needs to get on so bus driver lowers the bus drops the ramp assists him, this take time,
In the mean time the 88 pulls up behind the 23 and the 88 passengers amble down the street to get on but I have heavy shopping and bad knees and i don't want to drag my shopping down to where the 88 has pulled in and lift my trolley across a foot wide gap to get it on the bus, I want to use the raised curb and gain access easier like the wheel chair lad did.
But the 88 driver isn't patient enough to wait for the 23 to pull off then check if anyone else wants the 88 NO he goes to pull round the 23.
NOT today I flag him down he pulls over at an angle to the curb "I yell some off us were waiting for you to pull up to the official bus stop and raised curb because we need easier access
If he had not got out and lifted my trolley onto the bus I think I would have committed GBH on him.

It is easier to get on a bus in a wheel chair than with shopping bags and a walking stick

No comments:

Post a Comment