Saturday 22 April 2017

Good Driver V Bad Driver

So took the number 35 Tatertan to town I needed to get off at the law courts so I could go to the market, I rang the bell as we rounded the greyfriers pub I couldn't hear it as I had my music playing on headphones, but the STOPPING sign lite up. This gave him plenty of time to get into the right lane to stop in the bus lane but no he continued into the middle lane and after stopping at the pelican he made no attempt to pull over and stop so I said excuse me from my seat at the back of the bus (see blog on sauna bus service) and rang the bell several times, he immediately pulled over once the bus had stopped I rose moved down the bus and commented to the driver..."If you cant hear the bell when I press it once I will press it several times in future"

His reason for not stopping could have been

  1.  didnt want to stop
  2.  as I didn't get up and hobble to the front thought I didn't actually want to get off
  3. didn't hear the bell
  4. or both didn't hear the bell and his little dash board light indicating passenger wished to alight didn't come come
Now later getting of the 89 from Morrison's  my right knee did a painful  double clunk click and I yelled in pain, the bus driver who had been teaching the newbie driver came to my rescue and helped both me and my trolley off the bus.


so for today the verdict is 1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment